24 December 2021, Plava varusha, Margazhi -09, Friday ;
21. SVANISHTABHIJN~ANA ADHIKARAM: 14TH CHAPTER OF SRTS. PRAPANNAN RECOGNIZING SPECIAL FEATURES IN HIM AFTER PRAPATTHI
MEANING: Those PrapannAs, who possess the three kinds of nishtais (marks) perform appropriate nithya-naimitthika karmas and will not perform any acts forbidden by Lord’s SaasthrAs. Those PrapannAs who recognize these marks of Svanishtai in them are equivalent to the nityasooris who reside on this earth. For those, who performed Prapathti based on a clear understanding of the inner meanings of the three rahasyAs see in themselves special features. These are the unmistakable marks of Svanishtai: (1) clear knowledge about Svaroopam, UpAyam and PurushArTam. They recognize them and become happy. The key passage in this Paasuram is: “Mukkiya Manthiram kaattiya MoonRil nilai udayAr– mEdhini mEviya ViNNavarE” (Those blessed ones having the three nishtais (Svaroopa, UpAya and PurushArTa nishtais) revealed by the Moola Manthram are the nithyasooris that have incarnated in this world.
ADDITIONAL COMMENTS ON THE MARKS OF SVANISHTAI
The five definite marks from gaining the fruits of Svanishtai are:
1. Knowledge that the insults of others do not affect his aathma svaroopam and thus are not affected by those insults
2. Having mercy on those, who acquire pApams as a result of insulting him
3. Thanking them for pointing out the deficiencies in him
4. Considering that others insult him prompted by the Lord and not being cross at them as a result
5. Feeling happy that his sins are reduced by others insulting him and the transferal of those sins to them.
THE MARKS OF UPAYA NISHTAI– THE FIVE MARKS ARE:
1. Conviction that the Lord alone is the Protector.
2. Welcoming death, when it happens as a dear guest.
3. Feeling consoled over the thought of having the Lord as the Protector in times of suffering.
4. After gaining the fruits of BharanyAsam, staying unengaged in other upAyams and efforts.
5. Staying convinced that the destruction of inauspiciousness as well as the auspiciousness is Lord’s responsibility.
THE MARKS OF PURUSHARTA NISHTAI — THE THREE MARKS:
The three marks of this type of Nishtai for a Prapannan are:
(1) Lack of worry about the nourishment of this body; accepting that the nurturing of the body is taken care of by the Lord and enjoying bhOgams that came his way without any effort and considering those bhOgams as steps to reduce his karmas.
(2) Intense engagement in Bhagavath kaimkaryam independent of the pleasures or sorrow that comes his way.
(3) Great dhvarai (haste) in enjoying Bhagavath anubhavam.
Swamy Desikan states that the Krutha Kruthya PrapannAs spend the time on this earth in between Prapatthi and ascent to Parama Padham as a dream state and spend that time on this earth as a result of special bhAgyam. During this time, they thank the Lord for the marks of svanishtai that they see in them and treat those blessed marks as sEsha Vasthram (Parivattam) on their heads and spend their remaining days on this earth (Swamy DatthAm svanishtAm sirasi sEshAm kruthvA sEsham aayu: nayanthi).
Courtesy: Oppiliappan koil Sri.V.Sadagopachariar