The Desika SrI Sookthi revered as SrImath Rahasya Thraya Saaram is one of the most important one in our KaalakshEpam tradition. This Grantham has 32 chapters and was blessed to us in the MaNipravALa (Sanskritized Tamil) format. The meanings of the individual chapters of SrImath Rahasya Thraya Saaram have been summarized in the Desika Prabhandham by Swamy Desikan in Tamil, in this Prabhandham revered as AdhikAra Sangraham. There are 56 paasurams in AdhikAra Sangraham.
The TEN topics covered by Swamy Desikan in this Prabhandham are:
1. The Ten AzhwArs
2. Madhura Kavi Vaibhavam
3. Eight AchAryAs
4. The importance of having firm Bhakthi to our revered AchAryAs
5. The immeasurable help given to our SiddhAntham by AchAryAs like EmperumAnAr, AaLavanthAr and Naatha Muni
6. Brief meaning of each of the 32 chapters of SrImath Rahasya Thraya Saaram
7. Salutations through one Paasuram for the EmperumAns of SrIrangam (Koil), Thirumalai (VeRpu) and Kaanchipuram/ PerumAL Koil,
8. Special tribute to the Mudhal AzhwArs, who lit the lamp of of Jn~Anam with their three Prabhandhams to create this Prabhandham of AdhikAra Sangraham
9. The unique glories of Lord RanganAthA’s sacred feet, which can not be forsaken by anyone and
10. The tribute to the AdhikAris of this Prabhandham.
SLOKAS AND COMMENTARY:
1.CLEAR COMPREHENSION OF VEDA MANTHRAMS WITH THE HELP OF AZHWARS’ PRABHANDHAMS
Poygai AzhwAr, BhUthatthAzhwAr, Pey AzhwAr, Swamy NammAzhwAr, PeriyAzhwAr, KulasEkhara AzhwAr, ThiruppANAzhwAr, ThoNDaradippodi AzhwAr, Thirumazhisai AzhwAr and Thirumangai AzhwAr are the ten AzhwArs who enjoyed the KalyANa guNams of the Lord and blessed us with Dhivya Prabhandhams as a result of those extraordinary anubhavams. We learnt from our AchAryAs these sacred Prabhandhams of AzhwArs with meanings through the route of adhyayanam and the end result for us has been the blessing of comprehending the meanings of Veda manthrams that were not clearly understood until now. The key passage is “IvargaL (AzhwArgal) mahizhnthu paadum Tamizh mAlaikaL Naam teLiya Odhi, teLiyAtha maRai nilangaL teLihinROm”.
2.THE PATH SHOWN BY MADHURA KAVI IS THE BLESSED PATH
The Jeevans have ten kinds of relationships with their Lord:
(1) The enjoyment of the Lord, who is the embodiment of bliss
(2) Seeking Him as the goal for total Self-surrender
(3) Accepting Him as the ultimate fruit appropriate for their Svaroopam
(4) Establishing many types of personal relationships with the Lord
(5) Sundering attachment to inappropriate things identified by SaasthrAs with His help
(6) Development of attachment to Him
(7) Destruction of the Sins
(8) Becoming the object of the Lord’s DayA
(9) Growth of Tatthva Jn~Anam as a result of His anugraham and growing attachment to Him
(10) Gaining the boon of becoming like Him with His sankalpam.
Madhura Kavi AzhwAr was present on this earth, when Lord KrishNa had His Vibhava avathAram. Thus, He was a contemporary of Lord KrishNa. Yet, Madhura Kavi did not engage His mind on the Lord but chose Swamy NammAzhwAr as his Lord and developed the ten kinds of relationships referred to above. He expressed his commitment to Swamy NammAzhwAr over Lord KrishNa as His AchAryan and blessed us with the dhivya Prabhandham of “KaNNinuNN SirutthAmpu” that deals with the ten kinds of relationships with his AchAryan. The noble path shown by Madhura Kavi (seeking surrender at the sacred feet of one’s AchAryan as PurushArTam) is the best and most effective path to chase away the alpa sukhams (transient and insignificant sukhams) for the courageous aasthikAs.
The key passage here is “Thunbhu aRRa Madhura Kavi thOnRak-kAttum tholl vazhiyEthuNivArkatkku nall vazhikaL”.
Courtesy: Oppiliappan Koil Sri. V. Sadagopacharaiar