Today April 8, 2014, Vijaya varusha Panguni Punarpusam, Sri Rama Navami is celebrated throughout the world in grand manner. Here are the recipes for Neer Mor, Panakam and VadaParuppu.
Neer Mor (Butter-milk)
- Curds-1 cup
- salt-1 tsp
- asafoetida-1tsp powdered
- Curry leaves
- mustard splattered in oil-1tsp
- Churn the curds well, add water,salt, curry leaves, asafoetida and splattered mustard and mix thoroughly.
- Offer it to Perumal after placing a Tulasi leaf.
- Jaggery-2cups powdered completely
- Water- 6cups
- dried ginger powdered-1 tsp
- cardamon powder-1 tsp
- lemon-1 or two if small-extract juice and remove seeds
- Dissolve jaggery completely in water.
- Add ginger powder, cardamon powder and lemon juice.
- Mix well and offer with Tulasi.
- Green gram dal(payathum paruppu)-1cup
- green chillies-3-4
- asafoetida-a pinch
- salt-1/2 tsp
- coconut grated-1cup
- curry leaves-a few
- corriander leaves-destemmed and cut finely-2 tsps
- lemon -1 or mango cut finely-1tsp
- Soak the dal in water for two hours and drain completely.
- Splutter the mustard then add finely chopped chillies,asafoetida curry leaves and saute.
- Add coconut shreds, salt and sauteed items.
- Add lemon juice and chopped corriander. Add a Tulasi leaf and offer to Sri Rama.
Recipes by Smt Vyjayanthi Sundararajan
General guidelines for healthier food – Both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.