|1 AND 1/4 CUPS
- Soak a small piece of tamarind in warm water .
- Extrat tamarind water from it.
- Mix this with the rice flour
- Add salt and mix well
- The consistency should be slightly loose from the chapathi dough.
- Heat a kadai,and add oil to it
- Temper mustard seeds , asafoetida and redchillies to it.
- When it crackles add the rice flour mixture to it.
- Cook in medium flames and break the lumps with a laddle.
- When it is cooked, sprinkle a few drops of water to it .
- Mix it well and switch off the flame.
- Serve hot with SUTTA APPLAM.(Pappad roasted on open flame or can be microwaved too)
General guidelines for healthier food – Both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.