You will Need
- 200gms of Rice sticks
- One tsp of Cumin seeds
- One tsp Black Pepper
- Few Cashewnuts
- One Green chilli
- Few Curry Leaves
- Salt to taste
- Few tsp of Oil
- Few tsp of Ghee
- Cook the Rice sticks as per instructions on the packet, strain, cool and spread it on a plate and add a tsp of ghee or oil to prevent sticking.
- Powder the cumin and pepper seeds in to a coarse powder.Heat oil in a pan crackle mustard seeds,add the cashewnuts and let it brown,add green chilli,curry leaves and the coarse powder and switch off the stove.
- Cool the above mixture add two tsp of ghee and add the rice sticks,salt and mix thoroughly.
- Enjoy with any type of chutney or plain.The pepper in the sevai really knidles your apetitie.
- Adjust the amount of cumin,pepper,ghee or oil according to your taste.
Thanks to: Jayas Kitchen
General guidelines for healthier food – Both body and mind:
- One should be thinking about Perumal (Nama Smaranam) while cooking, and the purpose should be to offer the preparation to Him.
- Once the food is prepared, it should be offered to Perumal first. While offering, one should make sure that the food is neither too hot nor cold. It should be offered with love and affection.
- Please do not offer either pre-cooked food bought from outside or any pre-consumed food.
- Please follow thiruvaradanam kramam as instructed by your respective acharya. (http://anudinam.org/2012/03/08/bhagavad-tiruvaradhanam/)
- Follow ahara niyamam as much as possible. Atleast make sure that onion and garlic are not used at all.(http://anudinam.org/2012/06/11/srivaishnava-ahara-niyamam/)
- Please ensure that food which are not prasadams are not consumed.