Shredded Carrot – 4 Cups
Sugar – 1 1/2 Cup
Ghee – 2 tblspn
Cardamon Powder – 1 tsp
Saffron – few strands
Milk – 1/4 cup
Heavy Cream (or) Condensed Milk – 1/2 cup
Milk powder or Khoya/Mawa – 1 cup
Chopped Nuts – 1/4 cup
Makes around 25 Pieces
- Add the ghee in a heavy bottom vessel.
- Add the grated carrot and saute till it is coated with ghee.
- Add the sugar, milk and mix well.
- Cook closed for 10 – 15 minutes on low – medium heat. The carrots would have cooked in milk and sugar.
- Add the heavy cream and mix well. Cook this mixture (open) on medium low heat for 45 minutes – 1 hour.
- Keep stirring in between and take care not to burn.
- The moisture would have evaporated and the mixture would have thickened.
- Add the milk powder, 2 tblspn of the chopped nuts, cardamon powder, saffron.
- Mix well and cook for another 1 hour on low – medium heat on open.
- Keep stirring in between.
- All the moisture should have evaporated and the mixture should be thick and should not stick to the pan.
- If there is still some moisture left then cook till it is almost dry.
- Grease a pan with ghee, pour this into the pan.
- It would not spread on its own as it is very thick, so spread evenly with a greased spoon.
- Garnish with the remaining chopped nuts and gentle press with the spoon.
- Cool this for 45 minutes or refrigerate for quicker cooling.
- Slice out any desired shape and serve.